Thursday, January 5, 2012 | By: John

Ending and Beginning Strong

A year ago, I was blogging from Ukraine and missing being home for the holidays. Now I'm blogging from Lakeville and missing being in Ukraine for the holidays. It's good to want to be in two places, rather than not wanting to be anyplace.


At the Girls Detention Center
Aside from Ukraine, doors continue to open up in many other countries. Just today, I responded to inquiries from people who want to help kids in Kenya, Tanzania, and Vietnam. We also got an update from the leader of our Indian affiliate that was a huge blessing. Around Christmas, David and some people from his church got a chance to go into a detention center for boys and one for girls to distribute new sheets, some cakes and one of Scott Larson's books on starting your spiritual journey that has been translated into Hindi. Just seeing the photos of the kids having some hope and joy was a great way to finish out the year.

Starting out the new year, I got a message from Roma letting me know that he and Ira (both grew up in the orphanage and are living with Bogdan and Anya) are now engaged and they wanted to know if I can be there for the wedding. I'll do what I can! And yesterday, I spent the day in Boston with Igor from the orphanage in Kanev who is here for a month with a family from church. We went to the children's museum and Igor was the happiest 12 year old I can remember seeing. 

Igor at the Children's Museum
A good end to 2011 and a good beginning for 2012!




0 comments:

Post a Comment